Espace MicroCaps is glad to invite you to the comeback of in-person events!
It is with great pleasure that we are restarting our events in a slightly different format to comply with public health measures. Please read the details carefully below.
The cocktail will be held at Hotel Bonaventure, in the Ville-Marie ballroom, on Tuesday, October 5th at 5:00pm. Our events are the perfect occasion to improve your investing skills, discover new investment opportunities in the Canadian microcap space and network with like-minded investors.
The event will highlight two companies with strong appreciation potential. First, you will discover (or rediscover for some of you) Microbix Biosystems (TSX: MBX), a company that has presented at our events in the past but that has improved significantly in recent quarters. After, you will have the opportunity to learn more about CHARBONE, an exclusive opportunity because the company is not public yet. CHARBONE aims to be listed on the TSX-V within the next couple of months.
Where: Hotel Bonaventure (Ville-Marie ballroom), 900 de la Gauchetière West, Montreal, H5A 1E4
When: Tuesday, October 5th from 5:00pm to 6:30pm
Cost: 5$ / All of the ticket sales proceeds will be given to charity.
Capacity: The event will be limited to 50 participants. Please book a ticket in advance to confirm your presence.
Food and beverage: Appetizers will be served, and each participant will get two free drinks at the bar. You will be able to buy more drinks if you want.
5pm – 5:45pm: Participant arrival and networking session
5:45pm – 6:30pm: Company presentations
6:30pm: We invite you to move to the hotel’s restaurant and bar if you wish to keep networking with other participants.
- As prescribed by public health, the vaccination passport is mandatory. You will need to present your passport or proof of vaccination as well as an ID when entering the room.
- Large round tables will allow us to seat 6 people per table while respecting the social distancing of 1 meter between people of the same table. Each table will be 2 meters away from the other tables.
- Wearing a mask will be required when standing or moving around the room.
- The mask can be removed while you are seated at your table.
- Eating and drinking is allowed when seated at your table.
To reserve your spot: Eventbrite – Espace MicroCaps Conferences – The Comeback!
Microbix Biosystems (TSX: MBX)
About: Microbix develops proprietary biological technology solutions for human health and well-being. It makes a wide range of critical biological materials for the global diagnostics industry, notably antigens for immunoassays and its laboratory quality assessment products (QAPs™) that support clinical lab proficiency testing, enable assay development and validation, or help ensure the quality of clinical diagnostic workflows. Microbix antigens enable the antibody tests of over 100 international diagnostics companies, while its QAPs are sold to clinical laboratory accreditation organizations, diagnostics companies, and clinical laboratories.
Microbix also applies its biological expertise and infrastructure to develop other proprietary products and technologies, most notably viral transport medium (DxTM™) to stabilize patient samples for lab-based molecular diagnostic testing and Kinlytic® urokinase, a biologic thrombolytic drug used to treat blood clots.
Why we like it:
- Microbix operates in a regulated industry with high barriers to entry.
- The company is experiencing massive revenue growth and has recently started generating meaningful profits as a result.
- We believe the company is misunderstood by the market, making the stock significantly undervalued in our opinion.
CHARBONE Corporation (Private – Soon to be public)
About: CHARBONE’s vision is to be one of the main operators of green hydrogen and to supply exclusively hydrogen produced from renewable electricity. CHARBONE’s vision is a commitment to its customers on the protection and preservation of our planet in a fair, responsible and profitable market for its shareholders.
Why we like it:
- CHARBONE is led by an outstanding management team with decades of experience in the renewable energy industry.
- The company operates in an industry with massive secular tailwinds where significant investments will be required for decades to come.
- The investment opportunity is unknown to most market participants because the company has not made its public debut yet.
We are very excited to see everyone back in person and can’t wait to host the event!
Please book your ticket in advance because spots are limited. To book a ticket, click here.
See you on October 5th!
Mathieu Martin, the sole owner of Espace MicroCaps, is employed as a senior analyst at Rivemont Investments (“Rivemont”) to provide securities analysis and strategy for the Rivemont MicroCap Fund (the “Fund”). Mathieu Martin has an influence over the decisions made by the Rivemont portfolio managers regarding buy or sell decisions in the Fund. The Fund may trade the stocks of the companies presenting at the event at any time without prior notice.
For full disclosure and transparency, regarding the companies that will present at this conference:
- The Fund holds securities of Microbix Biosystems (MBX.TO) and CHARBONE (private).
- Mathieu Martin holds securities of Microbix Biosystems (MBX.TO)
The main objective of the conferences that we hold on a regular basis is to allow very small companies to present their products and services and to tell their story to a new investing public.
Each company that will present at the event will pay a fee to cover the cost of drinks and appetizers, room rental and employees helping to organize the event. Espace MicroCaps is not making any direct or indirect profits from this event.
Company presentations are neither an offer to sell nor a solicitation of an offer to purchase securities and should not be considered legal, tax, financial or investment advice.
Espace MicroCaps is not responsible for direct or indirect trading losses caused by the information presented by companies at the event. Everyone is advised to make their own analyzes and inquiries and to consult their own professional advisers with respect to legal, tax, accounting and other matters relating to the acquisition, holding or disposition of an investment.